Processor (owner of an information system for the Enterprise Register):
- Personal Association Visma Consulting SIA, Unified Registration No 40103916493, Legal Address - Sporta Street 11, Riga, and OAK Software Ltd, Unified Registration No 40103504819, Legal Address - Slokas Street 185-13, Riga;
- State stock company 'Courthouse agency', single registration number 40003334410, registered office - Baldones Street 1B, Riga
The Enterprise Register shall carry several public registers in which information regarding rightholders and legal facts shall be registered in accordance with regulatory enactments:
- The register journal of undertakings (companies);
- Commercial register;
- Register of associations and foundations;
- Register of political parties;
- Register of religious organisations and their institutions
- Register of media;
- A register of representation and representatives of foreign economic operators and organisations;
- The European Register of Economic Interest Groups;
- Register of arbitral tribunals;
- Register of public-private partnership contracts;
- Register of commercial pledges;
- The insolvency register;
- The register of matrimonial property regimes;
- A list of public persons and authorities;
- List of valuators for the investment;
- Register of public organisations (historical);
- Trade union register (historical), etc.
Legal basis for the processing of personal data:
- Article 6(1)(c) of the General Data Protection Regulation (processing is necessary in order to fulfil the legal obligations applicable to the controller) and (e) (performance of public administration tasks carried out in the public interest or exercising official powers legally conferred on the controller);
- regulatory enactments regulating the Enterprise Register of the Republic of Latvia and the registration of the relevant rightholders and legal facts (Commercial Law, Associations and Foundations Law Trade Union Law, Law on Political Parties, Law on Religious Organisations, Law On the Press and Other Mass Information Means, Arbitration Law, Law on Insolvency Law, Law, the Commercial Pledge Law, the European Law on Economic Interest Groups, Cabinet Regulation No. 401 of 3 September 2002, Procedures for the Registration of Representation and Representatives of Foreign Operators and Organisations, Cabinet Regulation No. 403 of 3 September 2002, Procedures for the Registration of Marriage Property Relations, etc.).
Purpose of processing personal data (purpose)
- registration of rightholders and legal facts with a view to establishing the legal status of rightholders and ensuring the public reliability and availability of information on rightholders and legal facts;
- carrying out registers of rightholders and legal facts.
Personal Data Categories
- information identifying the natural person;
- contact details of the natural person;
- the personal account details in the payment documents;
- indirect identification data.
Sources of personal data
- requests from interested parties;
- judgments of the Court,
- decisions of the national regulatory authority;
- data from other national information systems (e.g. Population Register, Register of Invalid Documents, etc.) to verify the accuracy of data, including personal status (live or dead), capacity, legal status;
- statements received in the system of interconnection of registers from a foreign register in the cases specified in regulatory enactments.
Date of storage of personal data
- The current and historical data of rightholders and legal facts, i.e. register records and registered information, shall be kept permanently in the information system of the Enterprise Register (Law On the Enterprise Register of the Republic of Latvia) 4. Article 8, fifth paragraph).
- Time limits for the registration of rightholders and legal facts, i.e. documents:
|Registration cases of undertakings (companies)
||10 years after being expelled from the Enterprise Register Journal
|Commercial registration cases
||10 years after being expelled from the Commercial Register
|Cases for the registration of individual economic operators
||3 years after exclusion from the Commercial Register
|Registration files for foreign economic operators and organisations
||10 years after exclusion from the register of representation
|Cases for the registration of European economic interest groups
||10 years after the exclusion from the European Register of Economic Interest Groups
|Registration cases for associations, foundations, trade unions, permanent trade union units and trade union associations
||10 years after exclusion from the register of associations and foundations
|Cases of registration of the insolvency of natural persons
||10 years after completion of the insolvency proceedings
|Registration files for mass media
||10 years after exclusion from the register of media
|Affairs of religious organisations and their institutions
|Cases for registration of political parties
|Arbitration registration cases
||10 years after exclusion from arbitration register
|Commercial pledge registration cases
||3 years after the mortgage has been extinguished
|Cases of registration of matrimonial property regimes
||10 years after registration of termination
|Cases for the registration of concession contracts and public-private partnership contracts
||10 years after the expiry of the contract
|Minutes of the creditors meeting in insolvency proceedings not to be attached to the registration case
Rights of the data subject
- Right of access under Article 15 of the General Data Protection Regulation to request and obtain information on data processing: legal grounds for processing, purposes, categories of personal data and their beneficiaries, etc.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the State Data Inspectorate.
Limitation of the rights of the data subject
- The right to rectify and delete personal data is limited to the Law On the Enterprise Register of the Republic of Latvia 3. Article 1 – in order to promote the safety and stability of the economic and legal environment, to ensure the public reliability and accessibility of records and the integrity and invariability of documents, the person shall not have the right to rectify or delete personal data in the register records carried by the Enterprise Register, in other registers, and in documents included in the case of the registration of rightholders and legal facts until the relevant information or documents are stored in the registers carried by the Enterprise Register.
- The right to data portability is limited to the third paragraph of Article 20 of the General Data Protection Regulation.