A branch of a foreign merchant shall be registered in the Enterprise Register in order to commence entrepreneurship.
* The statutory time limit for examining documents may be extended on the basis of Section 64, Paragraph two of the Administrative Procedure Law.
In the cases specified in the Law, an application for registration of changes may be sent for inspection to the State Revenue Service. Read more about the assessment of applications received in the Enterprise Register at the State Revenue Service.
Documents to be submitted:
- application form KR7;
- a document certifying the registration of the merchant in the relevant foreign state, or a notarised copy of such document, if the law of the country of the location of the merchant provides for the entry of the merchant in the register;
- a permit to open a branch, if provided for by the law of the particular foreign state;
- a notarised copy of the articles of association, the founding agreement or a document equivalent thereto of the merchant;
- a document certifying the authorisation of a person to represent a foreign merchant in all activities related to the branch, and the scope of such authorisation;
- a questionnaire for inclusion of information in the Register of natural persons (to be signed by the foreigner himself or herself with a secure electronic signature in order to submit electronically; if there is no secure electronic signature, this document shall not be submitted) of a foreigner (foreigner) who has a legal link with Latvia on the basis of which mutual rights and obligations in the field of commercial activities and taxes are formed or have developed, but no personal identity number of the Republic of Latvia has been granted;
- if the particular type of service is not available on the e-services portal registrs.ur.gov.lv or the application is submitted via postal services, information regarding payment of the State fee shall be appended (receipt or a copy thereof, or printout of an Internet bank payment or free text information). Important! To make sure that the specific application is submitted electronically to the e-service registrs.ur.gov.lv, please search your service in the detailed list of services.
Deadline for submission of documents in the Enterprise Register: not specified.
It is necessary to attach a notarised translation in Latvian to each document issued or signed by a foreign public institution (document regarding registration of a foreign merchant in a foreign state, permission to open a branch, copy of the articles of association or founding agreement).
View information on how to become an official and administrative Member of the merchant, as well as duties and authorisation thereof.