The branch of a foreign merchant must be registered in the Enterprise Register in order to enter into business.
Documents to be submitted:
- application form KR7;
- a document attesting the registration of the merchant in the relevant foreign state or a notarially certified copy of such document, if the State Law of the location of the merchant provides for the entering of the merchant in the register;
- permit the opening of a branch, if provided for by the law of the foreign state concerned;
- a notarially certified copy of the articles of association, the contract of incorporation or the document equivalent thereto of the merchant;
- a document attesting the authorisation of a person to represent a foreign merchant in all activities related to the branch, and the amount of such authorisation;
- a receipt or a copy thereof, or a printout of an online bank payment, or information regarding the payment of the State fee.
Deadline for the submission of documents in the Enterprise Register: not specified.
For each document issued or signed by a foreign public authority (the document regarding the registration of a foreign merchant in a foreign state, the authorisation to open a branch, a copy of the articles of association or the contract of incorporation), it is necessary to add a notarially certified translation in Latvian.
View information on how to become an official and administrative member of the merchant, as well as on their duties and authorisation.