The branch of a merchant of a Member State must be registered in the Enterprise Register for the purpose of commencing business.
Documents to be submitted:
- application form KR7;
- a document attesting the registration of a merchant of a Member State in the relevant Member State or a notarially certified copy of such document, if the law of the State of the location of the merchant provides for the entry in the register. No submission shall be required if the Member State in which the economic operator is established ensures the transmission of information and documents within the system of interconnection of registers (BRIS). The list of Member States is available here;
- permit the opening of a branch, if provided for by the law of the foreign state concerned;
- a notarially certified copy of the statutes of the merchant of a Member State, the contract of incorporation or the document equivalent thereto. The Member State in which the economic operator is established shall not be required to provide information and documents to BRIS. The list of Member States is available here;
- a document attesting the authorisation of a person to represent a merchant of a Member State in all activities related to the branch, and the scope of that authorisation;
- a third-country national (alien) who has a legal relationship with Latvia on the basis of which mutual rights and duties in the field of commercial activity and taxes are formed or have been established, but has not been granted the personal identity code of the Republic of Latvia, a questionnaire for the inclusion of information in the Register of Natural Persons (to be signed by the third-country national with a secure electronic signature in order to submit electronically;, this document shall not be submitted);
- a receipt or a copy thereof, or a printout of an online bank payment, or information regarding the payment of the State fee.
Deadline for the submission of documents in the Enterprise Register: not specified.
For each document issued or signed by a foreign public authority (the document regarding the registration of a foreign merchant in a foreign state, the authorisation to open a branch, a copy of the articles of association or the contract of incorporation), it is necessary to add a notarially certified translation in Latvian.
View information on how to become an official and administrative member of the merchant, as well as on their duties and authorisation.