The name or firm is the name of the group entered in the register, which it uses when closing transactions and signing.
Conditions for selecting a name:
- Before or after it shall include the words 'European Economic Interest Group' or the abbreviation 'EEIG', unless those words or abbreviations are included in the name.
- Latvian or Latin letters must be used
- Digits can be used
- You can use punctuation marks (points, commas, colons, quotation marks, etc.)
- Cannot contain symbols other than symbols &, @,%, + and =
- The names of State or local government authorities (authorities), as well as the word 'State' or 'local government', cannot be included.
- Cannot include the words 'Republic of Latvia' and their translation into a foreign language
- Misleading information on the form of commercial activity, such as the terms 'AS', 'EVERY', utml, cannot be included.
- If the name of the administrative territory or the residential area is included, the firm must not coincide with the name of the administrative territory or settlement concerned, it is necessary to include additional words, letters or numbers in the name
- The use of names containing uncensored words and ambiguous terms (contrary to good virtues) is not allowed
- Cannot coincide with an already registered trade mark or part thereof. Check the applicant for trade marks registered by the Patent Office.
- It shall not be possible to coincide with any name registered in the Enterprise Register or with the name of the entity applied for. The use of punctuation, spaces, and uppercase or lowercase letters shall not be considered to differ sufficiently from another name.
All documents to be submitted must bear the same name.