The name or 'firm' means the name of the merchant entered in the Commercial Register, which it uses in commercial activity, closing transactions and signing.
Conditions for selecting a name:
- includes a reference to the type of merchant 'limited liability company' or its abbreviation 'SIA', which is included at the beginning or end of the name
- use Latvian or Latin letters;
- digits may be used;
- punctuation marks (points, commas, colons, quotation marks, etc.) may be used;
- the use of five symbols - &, @,%, +, =, other symbols is not allowed;
- the names of State or local government authorities (authorities) and the word 'State' or 'local government' may not be included;
- the words 'Republic of Latvia' and their translation into a foreign language may not be included;
- may not include misleading information about the form of commercial activity, such as the terms 'AS', 'EVERY', etc.;
- the use of a name containing uncensored words and ambiguous terms (contrary to good virtues) shall not be permitted;
- if the name of the administrative territory or the populated area is included, the 'firm' or the name must not coincide with the name of the relevant administrative territory or settlement, it is necessary to include additional words, letters or numbers in the name;
- cannot coincide with an already registered trade mark or part thereof. Inspect the applicant for registered trade marks of the Patent Office;
- the name of any entity already registered in the Enterprise Register or applied for for registration cannot be matched. Check the name in the search of registered entities (companies, merchants, organisations). The use of punctuation, spaces, and uppercase or lowercase letters shall not be considered to differ sufficiently from another name.
Re-read before submitting! All documents to be submitted must bear exactly the same name.