Equity capital is money and other values in terms of money invested in a capital company for the start-up and continuation of business.
- share capital should be expressed in euro. The nominal value of the share must not be less than one cent;
- the minimum share capital is EUR 2800;
- the share capital is paid by the founding fathers and may be paid with a cash or financial contribution;
- until the filing of the application, the fixed capital shall be payable in full;
- when carrying out a cash investment, the founders shall open an account in the bank on the name of the company to be established, organise the payment of money into it, and receive a statement addressed to the commercial register authority of the bank or another document issued by the bank certifying the size of the fixed capital paid up to it;
- when making a cash contribution, the founders shall open a payment account on the name of the company to be established, organise the payment of the money into it and receive a statement addressed to the Commercial Register Authority of the payment service provider or another document issued by the payment service provider certifying the payment of the share capital.
If in establishing a company the equity capital or part thereof is paid up with a financial contribution, the founders shall organise the evaluation thereof in accordance with the provisions of Section 154 of the commercial Law:
- the financial contribution shall be evaluated and an opinion regarding it shall be provided by a person who is included in the list of evaluators of the financial contribution. A relative of the owner of the property to be valued up to the third degree of kinship, a spouse and brother-in-law up to the second degree of affinity, as well as a person who is otherwise interested in the evaluation of the property, may not be the valuer;
- if, when establishing a limited liability company, the total value of the property investments does not exceed EUR 5700 and the property investments together are less than half of the equity capital of the company, the founders may assess the property investment and provide an opinion. In such case, the opinion shall be signed by all founders.