The name or firm is the name of the merchant entered in the Commercial Register, which it uses in commercial activity, closing transactions and signing.
Conditions for selecting a name:
- includes a reference to the type of merchant 'limited liability company' or its abbreviation 'SIA', which is included at the beginning or end of the firm;
- use Latvian or Latin letters;
- digits may be used;
- punctuation marks (points, commas, colons, quotation marks, etc.) may be used;
- the use of five symbols - &, @,%, +, =, other symbols is not allowed;
- the names of State or local government authorities (authorities) and the word 'State' or 'local government' may not be included;
- the words 'Republic of Latvia' and their translation into a foreign language may not be included;
- may not include misleading information about the form of commercial activity, such as the terms 'AS', 'EVERY', etc.;
- the use of names containing uncensored words and ambiguous terms (contrary to good virtues) is not permitted;
- if the name of the administrative territory or the populated area is included, the firm must not coincide with the name of the administrative territory or settlement concerned, it is necessary to include additional words, letters or numbers in the name;
- cannot coincide with an already registered trade mark or part thereof. Check the applicant for trade marks registered by the Patent Office;
- cannot coincide with any of the names of an entity already registered in the Enterprise Register or applied for. The use of punctuation, spaces, and uppercase or lowercase letters shall not be considered to differ sufficiently from another name.
All documents to be submitted must bear the same name.