Spouses may agree to distribute property without entering into a marriage agreement. In such a case, the matrimonial property regime shall not convert from legal to contractual. By such an agreement, the spouses provide that only one of the spouses has some property. However, such an agreement must also be concluded in writing and the agreement certified by notary.
* The statutory time limit for examining documents may be extended on the basis of Section 64, Paragraph two of the Administrative Procedure Law.
Documents to be submitted:
- application form L-1;
- a notarised agreement regarding distribution of the property of the spouses;
- a copy of the marriage certificate issued, translated and notarised abroad;
- notarial authorisation (if the application is signed by another person);
- if the particular type of service is not available on the e-services portal registrs.ur.gov.lv or the application is submitted via postal services, information regarding payment of the State fee shall be appended (receipt or a copy thereof, or printout of an Internet bank payment or free text information). Important! To make sure that the specific application is submitted electronically to the e-service registrs.ur.gov.lv, please search your service in the detailed list of services.